In our time, the most affordable and cheap fuel is gas. Gas household appliances can be very dangerous if not properly used and installed. The gas is poisonous, it burns indoors and can cause an explosion. Since pure propane does not have a smell, it is added with a perfume to recognize the leak.
In our apartments gas stoves are most often found, in private houses many use gas bottles, but not all pay due attention to the rules of use and safety.
We bring to your attention some rules for the operation and safety of gas appliances:
- Do not repair gas appliances yourself.
- Do not use gas pipes for other purposes (grounding or drying clothes).
- Correcting the defect on the gas pipe yourself, you can accidentally carve a spark and the consequences will be irreversible.
- If the apartment has children, make sure that the gas appliances were not accessible and if possible turned off.
- Do not install gas appliances in rooms without natural light and ventilation ducts.
Your actions on gas leakage:
- shut off the gas supply;
- the room must be ventilated, even better if there is a draft (from another room or apartment);
- call emergency gas service (0750 004 5585);
- Do not turn on any appliances, and, of course, do not light a fire. A leak of gas, a leak point can be detected with the help of a soap bubble due to the presence of bubbles.
Gas cylinders safety in operation:
- Do not store the propane bottle close to heat appliances (if this is not possible and the gas cylinder is closer than one meter, place a heat shield between the heater and the cylinder);
threading on the neck of the cylinder or any other alterations are not permissible (only a specialist with a tolerance)
- The gas can not be used to pass the gas;
repair is forbidden by itself (disassembly and repair is performed only by the manufacturer);
- the transfer of the gas cylinder is preferably two people and it is advisable to use the cart or stretcher, slightly tilting it to the side. Carry for long distances on spec. cars and preliminary having worn a cover on a cylinder for exception of leak of gas.
Most often, the use of inoperable gas equipment in everyday life is the cause of explosions and fires. The first reason for most cases is the independent installation of gas equipment. Such works should be dealt with by people specializing in the installation and maintenance of gas equipment. If you suddenly feel the smell of gas, immediately shut off the gas supply tap, ventilate the room and do not use open fire until clarified.